Vegan Sour Gummies
We decided to create a gummy recipe for everyone to enjoy because who doesn't love, gummy candies? We sure do! From all kinds of shapes and flavors. You'll always have a variety of options to create. This recipe uses ingredients that can all be purchased from our site. We've curated special DIY kits for our recipes that you can purchase here. With that being said, welcome to the new & improved Get Suckered. Let's get jiggly, babe.
You will need:
- measuring cup & spoons
- sauce pan
- mold of choice (we used these)
- 3/4 Cups of water
- 1/4 Tsp Agar Powder
- 2 Tbsp vegan sugar (sub cane sugar)
- 1/2 Tsp of choice (we used Sour Strawberry)
- 1/2 Tsp Citric Acid
- 3-5 drops of Food Coloring of choice
- In a small sauce pan combine 3/4 cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon of Agar Powder. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Making sure to slightly whisk throughout.
- Pour mixture into measuring cup. Add 2 tablespoons of your sugar of choice. Whisk throughly.
- Once sugar has completely dissolved, whisk in 1/2 teaspoon Sour Flavoring of choice. Quickly add 1/2 teaspoon of Citric Acid.
- Continue to whisk until liquid has cooled down enough for you to taste, but not to the point of solidifying.
- Once flavor is to your satisfaction, you may add your choice of food coloring. We added 4 drops of red dye.
- Carefully pour mixture into mold and place mold inside your refrigerator for about 20 minutes or until ready to eat.